Re: Help! Need to use procmail to fight dangerous security exploit

1998-07-29 20:34:25
Geoff Mulligan replied to my suggestions for Brett Glass,

| You are going to need to use the B flag since the Mime fields we want to
| check are embedded  in the body of the messages and therefore you can't use
| formail to truncate them.  We can either run the message through sed or
| nawk or perl or dump these messages into a holding bin.

That's what I was afraid of.

| I think that the best way to fix this is to check the header to see if it
| is a mime message and then run the message through a true mime interpreter
| that would truncate any huge field values.

Procmail can certainly recognize such mail and drop it into a holding bin
or feed it to the appropriate nawk or perl or sed code or to the MIME inter-
preter.