.forward doesn't work

1998-07-31 08:31:19
This is probably something stupid I am missing and it's kinda of a long
story.

We have an old version of procmail that was running perfectly. The only
problem with it was that it was send the debug info to the mail server
(/dev/console).

On my workstation, I had my .forward and .procmailrc setup right.
Everything was working fine, except for those /dev/console messages
showing up on the server.

I downloaded the a new version of procmail. Made sure that the
/dev/consule messages are off and then compiled it on my workstation, not
the server. Then tested it out by hand with: procmail VERBOSE=on <
test.email. The debug message came up on my workstation. Everything looks
fine.

Now the problem is that when I test it in pine, nothing ever shows up in
my mail box. It works by hand with the above line, by it won't with the
same .forward I used in the previous version. Is there something I have
missed. Below is the .forward and my .procmail. ALso, the suid bits have
been set on procmail.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keven Murphy

.forward
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #hzhryc"

.procmailrc
# Please check if all the paths in PATH are reachable, remove the ones that
# are not.

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
VERBOSE=on

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
IN.testing

:0:
* ^From:Keven Murphy <hzhryc(_at_)fle(_dot_)gmpt(_dot_)gmeds(_dot_)com>
IN.testing
:0:
IN.testing

# Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
# using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT

Keven Murphy

Keven Murphy EDS/GMPTG V6 Engineering   Voice: (810) 236-0115
902 East Hamilton Avenue                Pager: (810) 812-4395
Flint, MI  48550-8411 USA               Email:
hzhryc(_at_)fle(_dot_)gmpt(_dot_)gmeds(_dot_)com

Unix Systems Admin.