8-bit problem fixed !

1998-08-24 22:56:48
Hi,

seems to be that

1) procmail wasnt the problem, it was sendmail
2) I uncommented this line in sendmail.cf
   # strip message body to 7 bits on input?
   # O SevenBitInput=

and now I get all nice Umlauts ;o)

The problem was that some mails run through the local mailer
procmail and arrived all right (local mail), all mail
from external (that dropped into my most used mailbox
where I use a procmail-filter), did not arrive all right.
This made me think it procmail, but these mails came
from external and it was sendmail to blame.

PowerWeb root admin wrote:

üäöÜÄÖ

Many thnx to everybody, Frank
--