Re: A note about sending procmail spam filter snippets to the list

1998-08-29 04:23:01
|Fri 1998-08-28 "John D. Hardin" <jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| A suggestion:
|
| If you're going to send a spam-filter snippet to the list, try to avoid
| attaching it as plain text. Certain key strings (such as the "*ull's *ye
| *old" in the recent example) may trigger filters.

It was not an UBE filter. It was a kill file recipe for rapid spammers.
Completely different thing.

UBE filter I use is much more sophisticated and included in pm-code.shar and
thanks to numerous people, whose recipe's appear there: Philip, David, Greg
(the author of junkfilter) etc.

Hm. If that was catched, then your procmail filters are in wrong order or
don't have all the necessary checks. I file all list messages first,
then UBE filters are applied.

jari