Re: FutureSignals

1998-09-07 20:17:26
On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 08:35:05PM -0400, Jason wrote:

Hmm, Gotta love these, second of all, why does the mailing list not post
the original header of the mail sent to the list (more of a suggestion not
a question).

Or you could use a procmail-based email filter so you wouldn't have to
wade through that crap.  My solution, junkfilter
<http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/junkfilter/>, caught this one in several
spamtraps:

================

From procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de  Mon Sep  7 17:46:10
1998
To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
From: fsigs(_at_)antenna(_dot_)nl
Subject:  FutureSignals
           3: DATE: header in all caps
           bodychk: senate.gov/~murkowsk/commercialemail

This message is being sent to you in compliance with the
proposed Federal legislation for commercial email (S.1618
 - SECTION 301).
[...]

(I purposely munged the ~murkowski name so it wouldn't be caught
again.)

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                     If I had finished this sentence
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com