Re: Why does this trap invalid Message-IS's?

1998-09-08 04:55:44
On Tue,  8 Sep 1998 13:24:16 +0300 (EET DST), I wrote:
Felix Tilley writes:
# This will allegedly trap invalid message ID's
:0
* !^Message-Id:[\t ]+<("[^"]+"|[^ <>@]+)@[^<>]*>$
Some silly limitations I would probably attempt to fix in the above
regular expression:
  * Whitespace after Message-Id: is optional
  * Whitespace after the closing bracket should be allowed.
    (Somebody actually had a problem with this.)
  * Doesn't check against more than one @

  * Doesn't check against whitespace after @
  * Doesn't include tabs in check against whitespace before @
  * Doesn't check against null domain part

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/