UMASK

1998-09-10 02:56:03
Hi,

I know this is a very stupid questing but I keep on having problems
with it.

I use procmail to create a public accessable archive of some mailing
lists.  The mails are automatically put into files named like
$list.$month.  The problem is that normally the files are not readable
by everybody since they have mode 0400.

Setting UMASK=022 ends up in files that are executable - also readable
by anybody.

So this is the wrong umask, but which is the correct one?

Regards,

        Joey

not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth