forwarding mail

1998-09-10 15:52:02
Dear Madam or Sir:

Although I have read the man pages for procmail at BEST Internet (and have
attended my first day of class in UNIX at CCSF), I can not make heads nor tails
of procmail.  Simply put, we have www.direct at BEST Internet and want to be
able to send a message to group(_at_)summerandthehatman(_dot_)com,
(anyone(_at_)summerandthehatman(_dot_)com being our available e mail
addresses), and have procmail forward the message six times to all our
employees (i.e. johng(_at_)summerandthehatman(_dot_)com,
summert(_at_)summerandthehatman(_dot_)com, etc.)  with only one of the six
addresses in the "To:" dialog for each forwarded copy.  The reason we need to
do this is because of our sorting limitations;  we only want each person to
pull down one copy (all six are pulled down off the server by the first person
that hits it if all six addresses are in the "To:" dialog box).

    Is this possible and how is it done?

                                                    Very truly yours,

                                                     John Gwynn