Re: Q: mail to homeuser

1998-09-30 08:47:41
"Jos\xE9 Manuel Meg\xEDas S\xE1nchez" <jms(_at_)caja-granada(_dot_)es> writes:
   Hello, I'm trying to configure procmail to deliver mail to the homeuser.
I have the generic file /usr/local/etc/procmailrc with the following
context:
   PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin
   MAILDIR=$HOME

   but the mail is still delivering to /var/mail. I use a pop3 client
(qpopper) to read the mail. What do I need to include in my procmail
configuration to delivery mail to the homeuser?.

Don't bother trying to do this from the procmailrc, as procmail does
some checking before then on the mailspool using the compiled in
location.  You should make sure you have the source for procmail
3.11pre7, then you'll need to change src/authenticate.c to tell
procmail to store the mail in the home directory.  You'll need to
decide what file in the home directory it should be stored in.  Let's
say you choose the file named ".mailspool".  You would then find the
line in src/authenticate.c that reads:

/*#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mail"                      /* watch the leading / */

A change it to instead say:

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mailspool"                   /* watch the leading / */

The recompile and reinstall.

Philip Guenther