Re: Multi-Directory Fileserver

1998-09-30 19:19:28
On 30 September 1998, Adam Bailey <adamb(_at_)tezcat(_dot_)com> wrote:
[...]
I'd like to be able to allow people, instead of using:
   SEND ISSUE volume_1/issue_1.txt
to be able to use:
   SEND ISSUE 1-1
where the first number is the volume number, second number is the
issue number, all relating to the filenames.
[...]
Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm not well-versed in procmail,
generally sticking to simple recipes. This is the most complex I've
ever had to deal with.

    I'm not well-versed in procmail either, but AFAICT it would be
_much_ simpler to just pass the Subject: line to an external script that
would parse it to your heart's content, then simply send the relevant
file with mailx.  You don't have to do everything from within procmail.

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia