Out of Plant Recipe help

1998-10-09 07:29:32

I am sick and tired of getting Email from people in my
company telling me that they are going to be out of the
plant on a given day.  For the most part I could care less.

My recipe is as follows

#OK - now I'm tired of all the out of plants I get
:0
* ((^Subject:.*OOP) | (^Subject:.*out.of.plant))
|(formail -A "Subject: SPAM - OUT OF PLANT") | /usr/lib/sendmail -oi
my_acct(_at_)my(_dot_)popserver(_dot_)com

For now, when I find a match to out of plant, I simply add (change)
the subject to SPAM OUT OF PLANT and forward it to my POP account.
When I get it debugged I am going to send these to /dev/null.

My problem is that it catches

Subject: OOP ... or
Subject: Oop today

messages fine, but it does not catch messages like this:

Subject: Out Of Plant - Friday Oct 9

Can someone give me a clue what is happening?  I thought that the period
(.) matches any character - doesnt it match space as well?

(Ive also tried changing it to this:
:0
* ((^Subject:.*OOP) | (^Subject:.*out of plant))

(with no period between out of plant)  And this does not work either.

toddl