Brace usage

1998-10-16 05:02:34
I'm having difficulty trying to troubleshoot a recipe we use to
autorespond to password requests.  Before I ask the list for help with the
specific syntax, I'd like to better understand how it works and maybe fix
it myself.

I have been using procmail for years to do simple filtering and
autoresponding.  But in all usage, my recipes haven't used a brace to
create a nesting block. It appears the brace changes the behavior of the
flags, but I am thoroughly confused by how the behavior changes and what
the brace does.  I have read the man pages several times trying to
understand what I'm missing to no avail.

Does anyone have a pointer to a mini-tutorial on the brace flag / nesting
blocks or is willing to do an explanation to the list?  My man page is
dated 1994/10/31 and the version of procmail installed on our system is
v3.10 running under Solaris.

--
erik(_dot_)dufek(_at_)med(_dot_)ge(_dot_)com