Re: new mail alerting and other little things

1998-10-19 01:59:30
Hrothgar wrote:
hello all.  couple questions for you.  My situation:  I am on several
mailing lists and wish to direct the mail to separate folders.  The main
problem is that I don't get alerted when new mail arrives since it is not
put in my inbox.  How do I get procmail to do this?  I've tried touching
my inbox file to fool my system into thinking I got new mail in my inbox,
but it didn't work.

You could use the `newmail' program which was provided with elm.  If you
don't have elm installed you could check the extracted `newmail' package
on which I hope to work again soon...

ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/newmail/

Just call it like "newmail boxa boxb boxc" and it will notify you whenever
a new mail has arrived in one of these mailboxes.

Regards,

        Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
        -- Larry Wall