Using procmail as a listserv

1998-10-30 12:17:09
I have set up some scripts in procmail which function as simple mailing
list servers.

It takes incoming messages, adjusts the headers to add all the list
addresses on a bcc: line, and sends the message to sendmail for
delivery.

Here's the problem:

I currently remove the cc: field before passing the message to
sendmail, so that a second copy of the original message doesn't get sent
to anyone on the cc: line. But, this means that all of the list recipients
will not see the receivers on the cc: line.

(The same is actually true of the to: line).

How can I get around this? Obviously, real listserv packages must solve
this problem.

-- kurt