Re: Error reporting in .maillog

1998-11-02 10:40:13
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:58:09 -0600 (CST), Mark Shaw
<mshaw(_at_)asic(_dot_)sc(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com> wrote:
The interesting thing is this:  when the script terminates without
paging me (because the current time is out of range of the times
during which I wish to be paged, or the "don't page" file exists),
I get error messages in my .maillog and hence in the output of
mailstat.  This doesn't happen consistently, leading me to believe
it may be due to a lockfile problem or something simlar (note in
the .maillog below there are 5 messages indicated, only 4 of which
caused errors -- if I'm reading it right).
Anyone know why this would be?  And what I could do to fix it?

Procmail gets a SIG_PIPE when a pipe action doesn't read all of its
input. See the Mini-FAQ; <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

BTW, you can probably handle the timing right in your .procmailrc by
looking at the timestamp on the From_ line. Avoiding a call to an
external script is always a big win performance-wise and it's not all
that hard to do.

:0 c
| /home/mshaw/bin/mailnotify -number 5981529 -after 8 -before 18 -days MTWRF

The quick and dirty fix is to just add an :i flag to this recipe.

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/