Re: LOCKING (making procmail choose)

1998-11-05 23:44:29
Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Procmail will use all of them simultaneously (that's what the locking
tests are for then you compile procmail: to determine which methods
work together).  If procmail uses fcntl() and lockf(), and your MUA
uses lockf(), then you shouldn't have any problems as they have at
least one method (lockf()) that they both use.

Thanks for answering my question Philip even if you did
so two months after I asked it.  :)

Anyway, since then our system administrator has switched
us to "maildrop" which I actually prefer over procmail.
More info about maildrop at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5799/maildrop.README.html