Re: BOGUS problems

1998-11-09 15:01:45
I've just setup procmail over an existing qmail configuration. Qmail uses
the mbox ($HOME/Mailbox) format. I was able to get procmail to sort my
stuff, but I can't figure out how to setup a "default" (ie:
$HOME/Mailbox). I keep a copy of all incoming in a folder called Backup,
some get sorted according to the rules in .procmailrc, but all the rest
disappears... Not good.  :(

Here are the errors I see in my logs.

in syslog:

Nov  9 13:25:03 mail procmail[15334]: Couldn't rename bogus
"/var/spool/mail/caronj" into "/var/spool/mail/BOGUS.DzZ"

        Why don't you build procmail to write directly to the home directory?
Not
sure if you are interested but Bruce Guenter has a patch out allowing
procmail to write in Maildir format.  I have the source code with the patch
already in place if you are interested.  Otherwise just build procmail to
write to the $HOME/Mailbox file.

Thanks,

--
  Stathy Touloumis, CTO - JASKE.COM 'innovative I/net'
                    JASKE.COM, Inc.