Re: Return an attachement...

1998-11-11 17:23:02
echo "";\
echo "This is a multi-part message in MIME format.";\

   Nah, that's a Pine-ism, just replace it by another "echo ;\" (BTW,
"echo" without arguments still prints a newline, you don't need the
empty string).

Actually, whether echo with no arguments produces a newline is
at least shell-dependent.  Sampling here, tcsh and csh do not
echo a newline for plain echo (but do for 'echo ""'), whereas
sh, bash, ksh, and /bin/echo do echo a newline for plain echo.
(Of course, everyone's learned not to use *csh in procmail by
now, right?  :-)

I always write 'echo ""' because not bothering to remember when I need
the empty argument frees up a bit of space in my neuron cache  :-)

Cheers,
Stan