Re: Get extra arguments from subject line

1998-11-12 06:38:56
Francis A. Vidal asked:

how do i get extra arguments from the subject like this:

:0
* ^Subject:.*get assign <number>

where <number> is the variable that i want to use in:

| (formail -r -A"X-Loop: my_email" ; cat $HOME/assign/<number>) \
  $SENDMAIL -oi -t

Use the \/ operator in the condition line; it stores the following
part in the variable MATCH. For instance, if valid numbers run from 1
to 39, you can use
        * ^Subject:.*get assign \/[123]?[0-9]
(okay, that actually allows the range from 0 to 39, but I'll leave it
to you to deal with that) and then simply write
        cat $HOME/assign/$MATCH
in the action line.

/HW