Regarding "^FROM_MAILER"

1998-12-24 08:17:46
OK...

Simple question on the "^FROM_MAILER" macro.  I've looked at the
"procmailrc" and "procmailex" man pages, as well as looking at a few
procmail WWWpages.  In all the examples I've seen, the "^FROM_MAILER"
condition was used to check that a piece of incoming e-mail had, or
had not, originated from a mailer daemon thingy, like:

        :0:
        * ^FROM_MAILER
        |do_some_stuff

However, I was wondering if the following is a mis-use of
"^FROM_MAILER":

        :0:
        * ^FROM_MAILER()yadda(_at_)yadda\(_dot_)yadda
        yadda_yadda_yadda_folder

I want to catch all the mail coming from a mailing list and put it in
that mailing list's folder, and I'm doing this for several mailing
lists.  I currently use the "^TO_" macro, but it doesn't catch it if
the mail was Bcc'ed to the list.

PS: I'm asking this because my ISP _still_ hasn't gotten around to
    getting "dmail" to work properly, so I can't re-process the
    folders I have to test this for myself.

Thank you for your time.

Reasons Greetings.

--
       Kevin Benko           / alt.atheism#(1332) / LC4M(Yes) /
 kevin [at] efn [dot] org   /       --><--       /           /