Re: Message about arrived mail

1999-01-05 04:12:50
hi,
   simple , add this line to your .cshrc (i.e, if u are on csh else do
  the proper mapping to your shell)

  set mail=(60  /usr/mail/yourlogin  ~/folder1 ~/folder2)
this will inform u if mails arrive in any of u'r folders above

  but the problem here is after u delete a msg from that folder
   u are again intimated of a new mail in that folder

-J
-----Original Message-----
From: Lutz Mittelstddt (PV) <lutz(_at_)netz-werkstatt(_dot_)de>
To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Date: Tuesday, January 05, 1999 4:18 PM
Subject: Message about arrived mail

Hej!

I'm using procmail to store my mail in different folders.
What can I do to get a message, on screen, that new mail has arrived?

I have tried

:0c:
* ^TOlutz
$MAILDIR/IN.lutz

:0 A
| echo "You have new mail in IN.lutz"

but this doesn't work.

Thanks in advance
lutz

|Institut fuer Solarenergieforschung GmbH        |
|Dipl.-Ing. Lutz Mittelstaedt                    |
|Abt. Photovoltaik                               |
|Am Ohrberg 1                                    |
|D-31860 Emmerthal                               |
|Tel.  +49(0)5151-999-424                        |
|Fax   +49(0)5151-999-400                        |
|eMail l(_dot_)mittelstaedt(_at_)isfh(_dot_)de                    |
|URL   www.isfh.de                               |