Re: keeping To: and From_ when forwarding?

1999-01-10 02:43:29
Thanks, Chris for the tips, but the above doesn't mess with the To:
header, I'm afraid. :( The messages must get forwarded, body and subject
intact, with the same From_ and To: headers as they were originally. I've
been able to keep the From_ header by rewriting it (in both egrades' and
erosters' .procmailrcs) using:

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were also trying to change the
To: header.  Anyhow, just change your the recipe that I sent
you to do this instead:

   | formail -I "To: $TARGET" -s $SENDMAIL -f$MATCH $TARGET

So your recipe would look more like this:

   TARGET="erosters(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"

   :0
   | formail -I "To: $TARGET" -s $SENDMAIL -f$MATCH $TARGET

   :0
   | formail -I "To: $TARGET" -s $SENDMAIL $TARGET

Chris

P.S.  It's generally considered bad form to do this kind of thing.
      You may at the very least want to insert a Sender: header
      indicating the account that's forwarding the mail.