Re: Filtering problems

1999-01-21 00:41:52
At 22:57 20-01-99 -0500, Mark Yovorsky wrote:
Please reply to vista(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com, as I am not subscribed to this
list.

Thanks for pointing it out (really).

I seem to be having trouble with the following filters. I originally had
them set up to filter on the From field, but that didn't work, and I
switched it to the to field. This worked for about a week, then stopped.
I'm not sure why as I didn't make any changes since then. My .procmailrc
and rc.gen are included below.

:0:
* ^TO:.*zdlists.com
      ^

Remove the colon from all of your ^TO conditions.  This is essentially
forcing a requirement for TWO colons to exist.  Perhaps you're confusing
^TO with ^To:  the latter matches the actual SPECIFIC header, while the
former is a macro matching a variety of recipient detecion fields.

I can't explain why this would have EVER worked, much less suddenly stopped.

Also, VERBOSE=on isn't a bad way to self-diagnose this sort of failure,
since it would have revealed in the log just what procmail was trying to match.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395