Re: strange device errors

1999-01-22 19:11:18
I tested the FS by creating about 6000 extra files within my mail spool,
and it handled that fine.  The FS in question is ext2 and the partition is
only at about 1% inode usage and 21% size usage.  Breaking the list up
isn't a very good option since it even occurs then.  I've looked at the
source code for procmail, but am not exactly sure what would cause it to
have this error.  Anyone more familiar with the code have an idea?

Thanks

Hi Harry,
      could be you have exceeded your file systems limit for the number
of files in a directory.  Check the specs for that file system or break
the list in two.  If you must do that many at once and it is a file system
limitation, mount your spool directory on a more suitable fs type.

      cya,    Andrew...