Re: unprocessed message leaking through filter perl script

1999-01-29 23:48:20
At 23:37 29-01-99 -0600, A. Lester Buck III wrote:

* Sender: owner-netscapetips(_at_)tipworld(_dot_)com

Try:

* ^Sender:[     ]owner-netscapetips(_at_)tipworld(_dot_)com

Two differences here:

The brackets contain a space and a tab (matches either one).  Any one of
these messages may have had a tab, when your script may have been expecting
a space.  This would cause the rule to fail to match, and simply pass the
message on through to your mailbox.

Second, the caret (^) at the beginning of the rule says to match AT THE
BEGINNING of a line only.  Any time you're matching for a header, be sure
to include this - if you examine examples of recipes, you'll note they all
have them.

I suspect the former is the cause of your problem, since the latter doesn't
seem to match against the message you pumped through to this list.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395