Re: Mailing List & Tutorial

1999-02-08 10:22:17
Daniel,

I'll take the easy question:

Or, how to call a Perl script with procmail, is it possible?

Here's a recipe that takes an entire mail message and sends it to STDIN of a
perl program. The argument to the perl program is the user's email message (
$FROM ).

:0
* $ ^Subject: PS to PDF
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* $ ! ^X-Loop: $MY_ADDR
| /export/home/dcs/scripts/local/bin/process.pl $FROM

What it is doing is piping the mail message to the program.

kind of like

% cat mail.message | perl.program

I get the FROM variable in my .procmailrc:

FROM=`/usr/local/bin/formail -rt -xTo:`

.. although that may not be the most efficient way to do it.

Experts please correct if I've explained anything wrong.

pd

I need a example of How to Create a Mailing List with Procmail... who can
help me?
Or, how to call a Perl script with procmail, is it possible?

If somebody can give me a link of a very good tutorial I'm needing 'cause I
didnt' find a good one!

Thanks and sorry if my English isn't very good...

Daniel Roperto
ICQ#  3002058

          ______
         /_____/\         Peter Delevoryas