Re: procmail problem :-(

1999-02-19 06:44:36
At 02:08 PM 2/19/99 +0800, Mathias Koerber wrote:

[snip]

| ( formail \
       -I "Return-Path:" \
       -I "Resent-From:" \
       -I "Resent-To:" \
       -I "Resent-Date:" \
       -I "Resent-Subject:" \
       -I "Resent-Message-ID:" \
       -rD 65536 /home/abuse/submitter.cache )

[snip]

| ( formail \
       -I "Return-Path:" \
       -I "Resent-From:" \
       -I "Resent-To:" \
       -I "Resent-Date:" \
       -I "Resent-Subject:" \
       -I "Resent-Message-ID:" \
       -r \
       -A "Precedence: junk" \
       -A "X-Loop: abuse(_at_)singnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)sg" \
       -i "Subject: Your submission to SingNet NetAbuse Team" ; \
  /bin/cat /home/abuse/autoreply \
 ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

[snip]

      Q: Why are the two formail invocations handled so much differently?
         In the first, it truies to execute "(", the second is OK though...

My guess is that the first one contains no characters from $SHELLMETAS
so no shell is used to interpret it.  Note you don't actually need the ()s
there.
The second recipe contains ';' so a shell is used to interpret it.

I believe you can do any of: remove the parentheses from the first case;
or add "(" into $SHELLMETAS; or just put a ';' in the first case before the
closing ")".

Hope that helps,
Stan