Re: Question

1999-02-19 09:36:45
David LUCCHETTI <david(_at_)galileo(_dot_)pi(_dot_)infn(_dot_)it> writes:
I have a problem about using procmail.
Since procmail is not installed as the default mail delivery agent in my
machine, I was forced to create a .forward file containing the line below
(as suggested in procmail manual):

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #MYUSERNAME"

In this way the procmail works (I tried to redirect my e-mails to some
alternative addresses in addiction to my curent inbox) but the automatical
execution of the .forward files changes the permission of my mailbox file
making it readeable and (moreover!) writable only by me!
In this way, if I send a e-mail to myself everything works but if anybody
else tries to do it, his e-mail  jumps back because it is impossible
to open (in writing) my mailbox file!

Your mailbox is supposed to only be readable and writable by you.
Otherwise someone could erase your email.  What is the actual bounce
message that other people receive when they try to send email to you?

Philip Guenther