Procmail "Renaming bogus 'x' into 'x'" option

1999-02-28 18:07:01
Hello guys,

We are using procmail v3.11pre7 to replace the mail.local that comes with
Solaris 2.5.1. The main reason for this is our /var/mail/ directory is a
NFS and we want the local root mail be sent to /Mail/mbox instead of the
default /var/mail/root. Procmail does this beautifully.

However, a side effect is that when a mail is sent to root, procmail rename
the /var/mail/root to /var/mail/BOGUS.???, this causes a major problem
because the root for the NFS server are still having mail send to this file
and this server is not look after by us.

Therefore, could anyone please send me some info. on how to disable this
feature of procmail? Being not an expert on sendmail/procmail, I would much
appreciate if the answer could be precise in syntax. I can be reach on
amak(_at_)nag(_dot_)national(_dot_)com(_dot_)au

Thank you very much in advance.
Andrew Mak