Re: Weird >> redirection error mesages

1999-03-01 11:31:03
jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com (Jari Aalto+mail.procmail) writes:
   This is complete mystery to me what the

       MATCHMATCH: : is not an identifieris not an identifier

   indicate?

This is just two "MATCH: is not an identifier" message interwoven.  If
you put a 'w' flag on the recipe with the 'c' flag then they would no
longer be interwoven.  Why the shell is giving the "is not an
identifier" message is the real question, to which I have no answer,
only a guess or two which I've set to you in a separate message.

Philip Guenther