Re: Forwarding all mails

1999-03-04 00:17:09
Aaron Aw <aaron(_at_)cir(_dot_)nus(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg> writes:
Hi! I've added 3 rules into procmail and the rest of the mails are
supposed to be forwarded to another e-mail address. However upon checking
the log file I see this 2 messages. Is this correct?
-----
procmail: Executing "/usr/lib/sendmail,-oi,aaron(_at_)sjug(_dot_)org"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/lib/sendmail -oi
aaron(_at_)sjug(_dot_)org"
-----

The rule that I added at the end of rc.mailinglist is
-----
:0
!aaron(_at_)sjug(_dot_)org
-----

Forwarding actions are simply shorthands for pipe actions with $SENDMAIL
and $SENDMAILFLAGS, so that an action of

        !some stuff here

is treated internally as if it had read

        |"$SENDMAIL" "$SENDMAILFLAGS" some stuff here

SENDMAIL flags is set at compile time to point at your local copy of
sendmail, while SENDMAILFALGS is generally set then to "-oi" (don't
terminate message if a line only contains a period).  The message in
the logfile includes the expanded value (this can be very useful at
times).

Philip Guenther