The SpamDunk Project procmail filter March 10/1999 update

1999-03-10 21:04:45
The most recent update is March 10/1999. Reasons...
  1) My ISP implemented Exim as a replacement for Sendmail. Exim
generates slightly different headers. SpamDunk didn't see what it
expected, and screamed spam. Since most of my email is from sites
that use sendmail, my filters need to be compatable with both Exim
and Sendmail. I've solved the most obvious conflict with Exim, but
there may be additional minor releases if and when additional
problems come to light.

  2) Reject email from SMI-8.6 mail agent. Not only does this piece
of junk allow anybody/everybody to relay via it, it allows spammers
to forge perfectly valid looking headers. Do not trust *ANYTHING*
you see in a "Received:" header stamped by SMI-8.6. The possibilities
for Joe-Jobs are scary.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com> procmail spamfilter
http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/spamdunk.htm