Re: 1) maier prog died 2)

1999-03-12 12:48:43

and my system is:
  SunOS systema 5.6 Generic_105181-06 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

Hmm, that's a pretty old version of the kernel patch for 5.6, which
means you're probably behind on other patches too.  You should consider
getting the latest recommended patches from
    ftp://sunsolve.sun.com:/pub/patches/

I have already applied a lot of patches including Y2K etc. , the above
'Generic_105181-06' may be misleading because I think it only shows the
time when the kernel is FIRST built with patched I applied at that very
first time.

 There is no separate Y2k patch cluster for 2.6 like there is for 2.5.1.
 And, unlike SunOS 4.x, you don't build kernels under SunOS 5.x. You
 apply patches, reboot, and the systems then tells you that it's
 'SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic_105181-12' or whatever. Kernel
 configuration is dynamic.
 Not rebooting after installing kernel patches is generally possible,
 Solaris copes pretty well, but there is no guarantee.