Re: $@ is driving me crazy

1999-03-22 21:40:45
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Philip Guenther wrote:

"John D. Hardin" <jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com> writes:
LOG="\$(_at_)="
:0 ciw
| echo '{' $@ '}' >> $LOGFILE 2>&1

I could have sworn this limitation was documented somewhere in the
manpages, but I can't find it now:

      $@ only expands to procmail's arguments when procmail is
      doing the expanding.  If any characters from $SHELLMETAS
      occur in the command then the expansion is left to the
      shell which does not have that information availible to it.

That would explain it. The example given in Jari's tips page (sec.
20.38) does work.

Is there any good reason why procmail only expands $@ in command
lines? This combination of restrictions has been making me crazy for
half a day now...

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ
jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com