Re: delivery weirdness

1999-03-25 20:01:25
Ron Echeverri <rone(_at_)remarq(_dot_)com> writes:
Over here we have procmail as our local delivery agent.  The previous
version (3.11pre7) was compiled to deliver to $HOME/.mail; i've
compiled 3.12 and replaced it so it delivers to /var/mail/$USER, but
instead it is delivering to /var/mail/msg.XXXX (currently it has
delivered to msg.[H-Za-s]GdB).  What could be causing this?

Did you make any changes to src/authenticate.c?  Out of the box,
procmail should deliver to /var/mail/$USER.

Hmm, do you have a /etc/procmailrc file that sets DEFAULT or ORGMAIL?
It almost sounds like DEFAULT is being set to "/var/mail".

Philip Guenther