Re: safely passing email to the shell

1999-03-26 14:24:20
I wrote:

  - The email message I quote above, that caused the errors, did not
    get filed to my mailbox.  It did, however, get filed in the backup
    directory.

I take that back -- I just found it in my mailbox.  I don't *think*
it was in there when I wrote the above, meaning (I suppose) that it
was still being processed, but for all I know it might have been.

And I just took a look at the *first* error in that mailstat log,
and it seems to have been caused by an angle-bracket (>), which of
course is a special character in csh.  So my suspicions have been
strengthened.

Mark Shaw <mshaw(_at_)ti(_dot_)com>