procmail question

1999-03-28 16:43:28
Hi all,

I'm a newbie with procmail so if this is a faq then
I beg your indulgence.

Here's my situation:

I have a tiny network with ten users on it, the
internet access is provided through a dialup connection.
We have registered a domain on a remote machine which
supports unlimited email aliases.  I created a special
"mailer" account and it runs fetchmail in daemon mode
every ten minutes to poll the remote mailbox, then it's
.procmailrc delivers the mail to the proper recipients:

:0 c

* ^TOmark(_at_)mydomain
! mark(_at_)mydomain

:0 c

* ^TOjoanne(_at_)mydomain
! joanne(_at_)mydomain

...etc...

When you finish laughing ;) ... here's the problem:  It
works wonderfully when sending from a pine shell or AOL,
but when I test it from hotmail with multiple recipients
it sends a copy of the mail to each recipient for each
match -- To: mark(_at_)mydomain, joanne(_at_)mydomain will cause
mark and joanne two get two copies of the same mail.

What am I missing here?!

Regards,

--Mark (who suspects he doesn't know about a certain variable?)