prob with general recipe file

1999-03-29 08:37:23
hello all,

        I am having a problem with processing all incoming mails.  The
situation is like this.  I have setup a RH linux 5.2 system with fetchmail
and procmail.  Sendmail is installed and configured properly. I've a
domain wide forwarding account setup at an ISP in the US.
anything(_at_)aravind(_dot_)org gets forwarded to a local ISP pop account.  I've
setup fetchmail to retrieve all mails to local users.  But somehow I am
not able to find out why fetchmail doesn't deliver to proper users
locally. Someone suggested me to use procmail to process all incoming
mails and deliver locally to the respective users' mailboxes.

        I referred all man pages related to procmail.  Almost all the
examples show how to deal with incoming mails for a particular user which
is NOT very helpful for me.  I have 400+ users in my server.  I don't want
to write 400 recipe actin for each single user!  Rather I would like to
have a recipe setup in such a way that all mails gets delivered to
respective users in the local system..  How to go about?  I am connecting
to the net over a dialup line.

        consider this as urgent and help me as quick as possible.

lonely sys admin
aravind eye hospital
madurai