Re: formail & idcache

1999-04-06 20:56:57
Ken Murchison <ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com> writes:
I am a procmail newbie, but I successfully have procmail working with
our Cyrus IMAP server to allow users to filter their mail.  I am now
trying to implement a vacation-type recipe like the one shown in
procmailex(5).  My problem is that the "formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache"
part of the rule always fails with a "formail: Cannot open" error in my
procmail log.  My question is this: What owner/group/permissions need to
be set on the vacation.cache file in order for this to work?  Or is it
not a permissions problem at all?  Does formail use something like
Berkeley db to check this file?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The correct permissions are usually 600 (u+rw,go=).  If the file
doesn't exist, formail will try to create it.  It that's not happening,
check to make sure that the current directory is what you think it is:
is there an assignment to MAILDIR earlier in the procmailrc to a
directory that you can't write to?

Philip Guenther