Re: Suspicious rcfile HP-UX 10.2

1999-04-09 10:48:30
David DiBiase <dfd(_at_)loopexpert(_dot_)com> writes:
I just converted to procmail 3.13 on a 10.2 HP-UX box from 3.10 on a
9.04 HP-UX box.
None of my mail was being delivered so I ran "formail -s procmail [file]"
as shown in the 3.13 man page and I get the following err message:

procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/dfd/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/dfd/.procmailrc"

I have changed the mode of the .procmailrc to multiple settings
444 600 700 755 744

and none seem to work.

Version 3.12 and later are more strict about the permissions on $HOME
and $HOME/.procmailrc: procmail will not trust the $HOME/.procmailrc if
either of them are group-writable.  Rcfiles do not need to be
executable, so they should usually be either 644 or 600.  Since those
didn't work, the permission problem must be with your home directory.
Try chmoding it g-w and then try running procmail again.

If each user has his own group, edit the config.h file in the procmail
source tree and uncomment the GROUP_PER_USER line, then recompile and
reinstall.

Philip Guenther