AutoResponders

1999-04-12 13:25:31
Hi there,

I am having a problem configuring the procmail program to send an
autoresponder.
I am using the following files and info:

.procmailrc

#---.procmailrc----
SHELL=/bin/sh
VERBOSE=off
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
MAILDIR=/var/mail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
#LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
FILEDIR=$HOME/autores

# To setup your autoresponder, replace all occurances of
user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
# with your email address. Then create a file in the autores directory
# (this should already exist off of your home directory) named info.txt
# that contains the message you want in your automatic response.
#
# Remove all the "#"s from the section below to start the autoresponder.

:0 h c
* ^TO*
*!^FROM_DAEMON
|(formail -r -A "Precedence: junk" \
-I"From:j(_dot_)r(_dot_)(_at_)jrgetches(_dot_)com" \
-I"Subject: Thanks For Contacting Us" \
-A "X-Loop: j(_dot_)r(_dot_)(_at_)jrgetches(_dot_)com" ; \
cat $FILEDIR/autoresponse.txt) | $SENDMAIL -t

# Do not remove "#"s on or below this line.
# Any mail that fails to meet any of these conditions
# will be sent to your mailbox as it normally would.

#---end .procmailrc------

.forward

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #USERNAME"

the autoreponse.txt file exist within the path.

Can procmail be setup to send an autoresponder to an account with resides on
a different ISP?
I have a "virtusertable" file in which email aliases are sending mail to
other mail servers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
heber