Re: formail rough spot

1999-04-15 11:48:21
era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:55:12 -0500, mark david mcCreary
<mdm(_at_)internet-tools(_dot_)com> wrote:
It looks like the Eudora Japanese email readers for Macs sticks in an
X-Mailer header with an extra space before the colon.

That's a gross violation of applicable standards. Formail should not
have to cope with this, Eudora should.

Well, rfc822 wasn't 100% clear on whether whitespace was allowed before
the colon.  The last draft I saw of the replacement for rfc822 that's
being worked on by the DRUMS working group officially marked such usage
as obsolete, where obsolete is defined that such forms MUST NOT be
generated, but MUST be parsed properly.

So, according to the _draft_ (which should not be considered a standard
yet), both Eudora and formail are non-compliant.

I've added the fixing of formail to the todo list.

Philip Guenther