Re: using procmail as delivery agent to change mailbox location

1999-04-22 14:33:50
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Philip Guenther wrote:

Check out the comments at the top of the src/authenticate.c source
file.  You should be able to do the above by defining MAILSPOOLHASH to
"/.mailbox".

Thanks Philip.  Last night after I sent my message to the list I tried this in
/etc/procmailrc
--
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME

This works just fine, with one small exception.  For some reason procmail is
creating a 0 length file in /var/spool/mail/<username>.  I can delete it, but
the next time mail arrives for a user it creates that empty file and then
proceeds to put the mail into $<username>/.mailbox.
  So, its not a big deal, but I would just like to know why its doing that.
  Also, is there any reason not to leave the system like it is with the above
int /etc/procmailrc?  Any advantage to modifying the source as you suggested?
  Thanks for the reply,
  -M@

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO    "Noone has ever tried anything like this before."
FroZenWave Communications               "That's why its going to work."