DNS problem?

1999-04-28 03:41:49
Hello,

we are having problems with our Linux server.  It's
that we're not constantly connected to the internet.
As soon as a request to the internet is made, our
server will go online.  Now, when we try to send
local email (to a co-worker), it won't be delievered
until we're on the net.  In case we can't go online
the mail will remain undelievered.

Does procmail do DNS lookups even when the mail
to be delievered is local?  If so, is there any
possibility to turn that behaviour off?  We're using
the sendmail package btw.  Sendmail shows that the
mail is to be delievered locally.

Thanks,
R. Koschnick