Aim procmail at test mail-spool

1999-05-07 13:25:10

I'd like to safely aim procmail at a test mail-spool of my own making
to work out the recipes I want without slaughtering real mail : )

Using the script provided in procmail* man pages I see how to call
procmail on a full mail-dir ($ORGMAIL)aiming it at ORGMAIL=test-spool.

I understand, any mail that isn't hit by a recipe and sent to a "test"
address, will be written to system default mail-dir.  How can I change
that to write back to test-spool, mirroring procmails' normal action
but reading and writing from/to a test-spool.

Setting $DEFAULT  to DEFAULT=/home/reader/test-spool  in
.procmailrc doesn't seem to be doing what I want.

A related question:  When using the {INCLUDERC=} line are VAR values
set in .procmailrc carried over to what ever script is called?