Identify a .forward[ed] message

1999-05-07 21:45:47

How can one identify easily, messages coming from a .forward mechanism
at a different address, in the case where no "To: " field is present?

Case in point: I have a different address at worldnet.att.net.  I've
arranged to have any mail sent there to be forwarded to my newsguy.com
address.  Not sure what mechanism is used since I only have access to
a web interface that allows users to set forwarding.  It doesn't
specify the tools used.  But I'm assuming .forward file.

In cases where a "To: " field is present, of course that is an
identifier. But without the "To: <worldnet-address>" then all I see
when examining the headers, is AT&T mail machine in the "Recieved: "
lines.  But in a different position (First), than would be the case if it
weren't a forwarded message.

          (InterMail v03.02.07 118 124) with SMTP
          id <19990508033151(_dot_)JUWU9634(_at_)unknown>;
          Sat, 8 May 1999 03:31:51 +0000

With the "To: " field absent in this spam message about a free Florida
vacation, I see no other indicators that this message has been
forwarded.  I'd have thought there would be some sort of header
inserted by the forwarding mechanism.

I understand a user can set formail to add a header, but as mentioned
I don't have that kind of access.

How would I set procmail to split this kind of message to a
forwared-from-worldnet file?

All my messages have the address of the worldnet mail machine
somewhere in the "Recieved: " lines, and I see no other identifiers
specific to mail with no "To: " that is also forwarded from my AT&T
account.