Re: Forwarding til mobile-phone

1999-05-13 17:31:51
I'm using procmail to forward the From: and Subject: .. But the SMS that
shows up, contains my own email-address (fox(_at_)nowhere(_dot_)dk)
And my .procmailrc looks like this:

:0 c
* !^TOpostmaster
* !^TOcisco
   | echo 'You have mail' ;formail -X FROM: \
     -X Subject: | $SENDMAIL XXXXXXXX(_at_)gsm1800(_dot_)telia(_dot_)dk

Someone more Procmail savvy than I will respond with a more specific
answer to your question (i.e., what to change in your formail flags,
etc.).  I thought I'd offer an alternative solution.

I, too, like to receive a pager notification when I receive e-mail from
certain senders.  Instead of trying to grab and forward only some of the
headers, I just forward the entire message to my pager (or mobile phone,
depending upon the time of day). Of course, I only receive a limited
number of characters of the message. But I can always see the sender,
and I'm usually fortunate enough to see most or all of the message body.
My recipe only does this for a few specific senders, but your
alternative recipe might look like this:

        :0 c
        * !^TOpostmaster
        * !^TOcisco
        !pagerid(_at_)pagingco(_dot_)foo

I wonder if this would accomplish the same thing:

        :0 c
        * !^TO_(postmaster|cisco)
        !yourpagerid(_at_)thepagingco(_dot_)foo

There's also been some discussion here about how to send the entire body
of an e-mail in multiple chunks to a pager, but I haven't been able to
implement any of the suggestions. Jari Aalto's Procmail Tips page is a
good place to look for some examples:

        < http://www.procmail.org/jari/pm-tips.html >

-Dale