Re: Putting the From: in the body

1999-05-19 00:44:53
On Tue, 18 May 1999 22:07:52 +0200 (CEST), Rene Joergensen
<fox(_at_)nowhere(_dot_)dk> wrote:
I've experimented with the From_ and From: fields in the headers,
and came to the result that it's my GSM provider who is messing
with the headers.

(For those of you outside of Europe, this is about forwarding text
messages to a cellular phone. GSM is really the name of the phone
technology and the messaging system is called SMS.)

Therefore I want to put the From: in the body of the message (the
provider shouldn't be able to mess with the body of the message??)
But HOW is this done?? ... I still want to cut the original body
away (see my earlier message) and replace it with 'Mail from
name(_at_)provider(_dot_)country'

Try this:

    FROM=`formail -rzxTo:`  # Omitting -t because we're not really replying
    :0c
    | ( formail -X Subject: ; echo ; echo "Mail from $FROM" ) \
      $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS address(_at_)gsm-provider(_dot_)net

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether     <http://www.iki.fi/era/>