Re: request help in procmail problem

1999-06-02 03:36:20
On 2 June 1999, V Suryanarayana Rao
<suryanarayana(_dot_)viriyala(_at_)cmcltd(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Hi,

I have a prob with procmail while delivering mails into mailboxes.

We have just migrated our mail server from SCO Openserver 5.0 to
RedHat linux 5.2 . We are facing problems in mail delivery. Sometimes
the incoming mails are being clubbed into a single mesg.  Like mail
sent by different people are being displayed as a single mail.

Could someone please help me with this prob.

    Your description is way too vague for somebody to be able to help
you.  Messages being "displayed as a single mail" may mean either that

(1) your MUA doesn't parse the folder correctly, or
(2) the folder is corrupted (the messages don't have the proper
    separators).

    Now, (1) may be either because of a bug in your MUA, or because your
MUA is paying too much attention to "Content-Length:" and "Lines:".  And
(2) may be because of a bug in procmail, a logic flaw in your recipes,
missing locks, flawed use of "formail -s", or correct of "formail -s"
but with a corrupted digest.  Pick one.

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia