Re: formail and Apparently-To:

1999-06-04 14:32:19
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Philip Guenther wrote:

Or better yet, don't tell sendmail to scan the header for receipients.
Instead, put the one recipient on the sendmail command line.  That way
the only change to make to the header is the addition of the X-Loop:
line:

      |formail -A"X-Loop: mark(_at_)box(_dot_)com" | \
              $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS juan(_at_)box(_dot_)com

We tried that, but what about for multiple recipients?  We ran into line
length limitations, if I recall correctly, which was the reason for having
sendmail look for recipients in the header.

But Apparently-To: fields in the DATA are not really headers,
are they?  Admittedly, we are doing insane things with procmail...

--
James McGill                         VOX: (972) 481-5735 (Dallas)
MindSpring Enterprises, Inc.         PCS: (214) 641-4458